Sponsored of NARO (NARO Headquarters, NARO/ARC, NICS, NIVTS), and together with research institutes in the neighborhood, we welcome you to visit our Summer Open Day, with its wide variety of experience-based events and programs.
We will update the information in this webpage accordingly.
July 25th, 2015(Sat)
※The hours Tsukuba Agriculture Research Hall will be 9:30am-4:00pmon Summer Open Day (usually 9:00am-4:00pm)
Tsukuba Agriculture Research Hall(3-1-1 Kannondai, Tsukuba, Ibaraki)
National Institute for Agro-Environmental Sciences (NIAES) will be holding its Summer Open Day (9:30am-4:00pm), and the two venues will be connected by a free shuttle bus (5 minute-ride).
Events and Programs
Let's have fun with science
There will be tips and ideas for your homework for the summer holidays.
- Try with your parents!!
"Let's extract DNA from foods around us!"
- Which is sweeter?Which is better?
- Observing the potential power of seeds
- The mystery of tiny bugs & let's play with SUJIO!
- Let's lean about how to grow various vegetables!
- Introducing bugs eating rice or chocolate
- Simple Balloon Camera
- Puffed rice - How big the size become?-
- Fitting experience with arm movement support device
- Straw sandals making-experience
- Grinding the stone mill
Let's Taste the Research Products!
- Pizza making-experience with 'Yumeshiho' wheat flour
- Barley foods (cereal, noodles, teas etc.)
- Tasting drink of 'Tsuyuakane' developed by NIFTS
The mini-presentations focus on things related to our daily life will be held by some researches.
- Neither schedule nor theme have not yet decided.
※We will update the information as soon as they decided.
Quiz & Game
- Food quiz
- How many weeds can you learn?
- Let's get the reward for animal quiz!
- Let's play with narorin♪
"Spin the panels!Yes/No Quiz" "Fishing Game"
- Agricultural machines
- Crop Sample Garden
- Books, NARO achievements, drinks and others
Stamps for Chibikko-Hakase 2015 Information
Tsukuba Agriculture Research Hall is the designated facility of "Chibikko-Hakase 2015" that conducted by Tsukuba City. You can stamp the "Chibikko-Hakase" passport during the Summer Open Day, but we do not distribute the passport.
Area Map [PDF:934KB]
- Please prepare for high temperatures by bringing beverages, etc. (Drinks will be on sale at the venue.)
- There is no canteen and food stand.(There is a shop selling snacks and drinks.)
- Stamps for the Chibikko-Hakase are available at the venue, but we do not distribute the passport.
- Please check the evacuation site in the map you will receive at the reception in case of emergency.
- There will be a possibility of news media presence.